1) Special Gifts. I recently had a pretty special portrait session. On Friday I received this awesome personalised necklace from Angela as a thank you for the photos. I have to admit that I totally cried a little when I received it.
2) Elliott Brood. They are one of my favourite bands and also happen to be super nice guys. I have been seeing them play for a long time now and every time I see them, I am reminded how much I love them. They can get anyone in the crowd dancing on their feet. Love.
3) The Splash Pad at Wychwood Barns. Last Monday was warm enough for Li’l K to get her bathing suit on and give the splash pad at Wychwood Barns a try. She loved it and was totally that loud, screaming kid at the park. 🙂
1) Bonjour Brioche. This place is my favourite spot in the studio neighbourhood when I have a lunch date. Everything is made fresh right there. I
always often order the Basil Tomato Goat Cheese Tart. Bonus: the server asked my Dad and I to move seats to accommodate a larger group of people. As a thank you she gave us chocolate brioches. Dreamy.
3) Brewery Market. The Brewery Market at Wychwood Barns began a couple of weeks ago. My friends and I checked it out last Sunday afternoon when the beer on tap was Denison’s. The Brewery Market is a great event, running every Sunday in the summer from 1pm until 5pm. It was hopping that sunny afternoon! Beer tickets are $5 and they also have a wood-baked pizza going (pizzas are $8). It is the perfect way to cap off the weekend.
6) City and Colour at the Dakota. City and Colour played a very secret show on Tuesday at the Dakota Tavern. The last time I saw the band play was a few years ago at Massey Hall so it was a treat to see them in such a small venue. People had began lining up at 3pm for the show so it was very special to be lucky enough to be in attendance. (The Dakota has only a 130-person capacity). Also pretty cool: the show took place on the day that their new album, Little Hell, was released.